Friday 21 October 2016

I'm back... #diabetes

So I'm back...well I'm starting to feel like I'm recovering. 

The main part of the last three weeks has been recovering, involving a lot of sleep and painkillers, however there have also been times learning about the amazing feature of Temp Basal on dealing with the pain.

So what's been happening over the last three weeks altogether? 

I did take part in the JDRF 5K One Walk in Cardiff...even if a large part of it happened in a wheelchair. It was great to be a part of a fantastic event to raise awareness and finds for Diabetes. So far the running total is £410.00. If you would like to contribute to our fundraising, then we would be grateful if you could donate on our Just Giving page.


More recently I have been given the opportunity to trial the Dexcom G4. To say I'm excited about this is an understatement, although I am concerned that I will like it so much that I'm going to have to look into self-funding 🙈 how many of you in the UK self-find CGM's? 


I can already see some changes in my Basal rates that could be made and am looking forward to all the information and data I will have at the end of the trial. It's great that this technology is becoming more readily available...even if still on the pricey side to use everyday.


Well I look forward to hearing about your experiences of CGM's and in the meantime I will be writing a brand new blog post in the next few days.
Thank you all for you well wishes and support.

Until next time, keep injecting 💉 or pumping 📟 insulin!
Ros x

No comments:

Post a Comment