Wednesday 2 November 2016

New meter time 👏🏼 #gbdoc #diabetes

I do love getting a parcel...and today's parcel contained my new Free Countour Next One Meter 💪🏼 lets see how I get on with this one...
Previously I had used the same meter for about 4 1/2 years, but lately I just haven't taken to the other meters I've trailed. I'm hoping that this meter, alongside the Dexcom might become my new Blood Glucose Management system.

Does anyone else feel unsettled when you don't like your blood glucose meter or is it just me? Maybe I'm just a creature of habit, but I don't seem to have found a meter that fits with my pump and Dexcom in the way I want to and that doesn't require me to catty around a suitcase of supplies. I also chose this meter for the phone App linked to it, meaning I can look at my results and patterns easily.
Hopefully using these records and the graphs from my Dexcom, I can control my BG's better and limit any further T1D-related complications!


So let's give the meter and app a go...and see what it reveals over the next few weeks...


In the meantime, keep injecting 💉 or pumping 📟 insulin.
Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment